These are such wonderful little treats. This was a experiment in the kitchen due to wanting something a bit different that had a nice twist to it. The flavors blend very well together and paired with the dipping sauce only makes them even better. So easy to make just takes a bit of time to roll them all. Hope you will enjoy them as much as we have.
Provided by Teresa Horn @Teresa_Horn
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Place the 2 blocks of cream cheese in to a medium size bowl and let come to room temperature. It needs to be very soft so you can mix it easily.
- Open the two cans of salmon and drain very well. Add to the softened cream cheese. Add the seasonings and mix very well. Taste so you can adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Hint* If using Chinese pepper be careful cause it will make these very spicy. You will add it if desired after you have mixed the rest of the ingredients together very well. For those who love spicy like we do this is a wonderful addition.
- Cover bowl and place in your fridge for at least 6 hours up to overnight so the flavors will meld together.
- Gently separate the wonton wrappers. Working with one at a time place it in front of you. Wet the tip of your finger with water and go down each edge of the wonton wrapper and then put one teaspoon of filling closest to the point near you. Wrap as you would when making a eggroll.
- Place each of the wrapped bites on a cutting board side by side. This will make the frying process go smoother. Continue to make the bites till you have used either all the filling or wonton wrappers.
- Once are all wrapped heat up the oil in your deep fryer to at least 350. Slowly adding them in to the oil cook no more than 7 at a time.
- Once a nice golden brown remove them from the fryer onto a plate with paper towels to drain them.
- Hope you enjoy them as much as we have they turned out amazing. ;)
You'll also love