With roasted peppers, bacon and three types of beef, this southern homemade chili recipe will make all other chili recipes taste mundane.
Provided by @MakeItYours
Number Of Ingredients 27
- Preheat the oven to broil (500ºF) Set an oven rack at the top, directly under the broiler. Spread out the poblano peppers on a tray, and roast for 15-20 minutes, turning them every 5 minutes. Place the peppers in a bowl and tightly cover with plastic wrap. Let them steam for 15 minutes and then peel off the skin. Remove the seeds and membranes and chop.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat and add bacon, cooking until almost crisp. Remove the bacon and reserve about 1/4 cup of bacon grease.
- Add the chopped poblanos, onions, red bell peppers and jalapeños, cooking for about 5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Transfer the cooked veggies to a bowl and set aside.
- With the Dutch oven still on medium-high heat, add the beef chuck and brown on all sides, about 4 minutes. Stir in the ground beef and sausage. Break it up with a spoon and cook for 7-10 minutes or until no longer pink. Add the veggies as well as the bacon back in.
- Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, coriander, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper and cook for another minute.
- Stir in tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, broth and Worcestershire sauce. Add beans and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook for 2 hours, uncovered. Top with favorite toppings.
You'll also love