Feed your family with Ree Drummond's Perfect Pot Roast recipe from Food Network. Fresh rosemary and thyme add rich, herbal resonance to this hearty roast.
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- Generously salt and pepper the chuck roast.
- Heat the olive oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the halved onions to the pot, browning them on both sides. Remove the onions to a plate.
- Throw the carrots into the same very hot pot and toss them around a bit until slightly browned, about a minute or so. Reserve the carrots with the onions.
- If needed, add a bit more olive oil to the very hot pot. Place the meat in the pot and sear it for about a minute on all sides until it is nice and brown all over. Remove the roast to a plate.
- With the burner still on high, use either red wine or beef broth (about 1 cup) to deglaze the pot, scraping the bottom with a whisk. Place the roast back into the pot and add enough beef stock to cover the meat halfway.
- Add in the onions and the carrots, along with the fresh herbs.
- Put the lid on, then roast for 3 hours for a 3-pound roast. For a 4 to 5-pound roast, plan on 4 hours. The roast is ready when it's fall-apart tender.
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #very-low-carbs #main-dish #beef #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #roast-beef #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love